Have you ever just lost sleep? Like completely lost sleep? Am I describing insomnia? Well, that was me yester night. I mean like all the necessary things that make me fall asleep kabisaa were there- Rain, cool but not so cold breeze, had had rice for supper, I thought it was my bladder keeping me awake but I checked and it wasn’t- you get the picture? Everything was good, almost perfect, only one thing missing- actual sleep.
Before we get started, get comfortable and Hey you! Welcome to my blog! I write stuff and spitball A LOT!
That is normally the point when you start thinking about everything. Quite literally. Now, if you don’t mind, let me show you what was going on in my ten or so tabs that just opened instantaneously.
- What if I got married? Weird, right? I started thinking about the whole marriage concept and as the over thinker I am, I saw the good and the bad. I saw it as the ultimate dream ( minus interplanetary flight obviously) for most people, that’s if you are a normal human being. We all think of having the ultimate companion, that person who is your ride or die, the person you’ll do anything of. I’m pretty sure you get my drift. That person. Now imagine the rest of your life with that person- you with me on the ultimate dream part yet? Or should I continue? Okay- I don’t believe in soulmates and stuff but for this context, let’s say you found your soulmate. Now a life with her under legal confines of the country- Marriage. Full of love and all that. Then I thought of Kate Chopin’s Short story, The Story of an Hour, about this woman, Louise, who feels marriage limits her freedom and is happy when her husband dies even though she had loved her as far as being a wife goes. Will my wife be like Louise too? I have doubts about that since it was set in the 1800s or 1900s and we are at a different time. Who am I kidding? I didn’t think of all that at once, I just had this image of someone else lying next to me, and I was calm and at peace with her. So then I started thinking of marriage- not the fairytale stuff but the whole concept of marriage. I should blog about it sometime. That is tab one.
- Tab Two. I thought about my vampire obsession and the book that I am currently writing. The basic questions came through haraka. If I was a vampire, would I be able to control my urges? I have trouble enough with my current addictions as they are but I was imagine that struggle tenfold. I would have probably checked in at vampire therapy. Still, on vampires, I was thinking of the setting of my book, it is modern, but the transition between the primary characters ( people in another world in the 1600s) and my main character ndio where the problem was. Do I use The Magicians style like Fillory? Ama like Chronicles of Narnia? I haven’t even written synopsis about it but I read somewhere that I have to write what I like, what I love, not really what the fans want (sorry guys) if I am ever to be true to myself. I guess that’s the problem I’m having with Butterflies and Circles. Anyway, I will deal with the synopsis tomorrow and probably write a chapter or a chapter and a half and forward it to my potential agent.
- Still, on books, I thought about the books I still have to read, a whole list but zero worries there, I am a pretty fast reader if the book Is interesting. I didn’t think so much here as my thoughts drifted to my Comics-Sundays. I have to download and read all Future state Comics by tomorrow midnight. It doesn’t sound like much of a hassle. And ladies and gentlemen, that was tab three.
- Tab four was mostly about the movies and series that are on my list. I have The Vampire Diaries, a whole Batman chronological order list, Jay’s list, Godzilla Vs Kong, Big bang Theory, Legacies, and Bob’s Burgers. I thought about downloading them but with the rain, it would be as if I am giving my money to Safaricom for charity- poor network. I could risk it but then that would mean I stream some episodes while waiting for them to download. The earliest that this adventure was going to make me sleep was at 3 am. Now, who would want that?
- I got tired thinking about Safaricom and thought of how I suck at keeping writing promises. I am really bad at it, and there is no sugarcoating. No excuses. I was just lazy. I remembered that I had subtly mentioned a blog post on Sunday or Monday on Friday and I hadn’t done all the necessary research that comes with the major topics. Currently, I was having trouble sleeping and had all these thoughts, and writing about them seemed to be the next best thing. Like a free bargaining chip or get out of jail card. It is something. Plus, it has been two weeks already since I last posted. I just sat on my bed and began writing but got bored when I saw all the editing that I would have to do tomorrow. It is going to be a big hassle. Life is pretty hard for writers, like someone else said, “the earth is hard”. And I sincerely hoped that it would eventually tire me and I would get some sleep. Right now, at 1 am, my feet are almost numb and I think that’s a good sign. While we wait, that was tab five.
- Tab six was all about my sleeping schedule. It is a mess. A mess of my own doing. A few months ago, I was skeptical of why adults went to sleep early, at around 9 to 10 pm. I was like, “ You don’t have to go to school, you won’t be beaten so why the hassle?” until recently when I noticed that my happiest days were the ones in which I had had enough sleep. And by enough, I mean I had slept at 10 and woken up at 7. I used to watch until 3 am but right now, I don’t think I can be awake past 2 am. That’s progress, even though little. I started thinking, why am I not asleep already? Am I hungry? Nope, I had juice before I slept. Could it be the sugar? Nope, I never get sugar rushes. Could it be pee? No, I have a pretty strong bladder. Should I have taken valium? Maybe, it helped the first two days. Am I stressed? Maybe a little bit. I haven’t written in a while, A long while. Am I becoming less creative and more boring? Maybe, so I began writing. This is going to be one of those posts that I’ll categorize as midnight ramblings of a crazy man. I think I found my reason- I had taken an afternoon nap from 2 through to 6. That was a whopping 4 hours asleep. Silly me. I knew this would happen but continued either way. My writing is getting slurred. I think that’s a sign it’s bedtime.
- Dan, a distant cousin is still watching the Tv, the noise counts for something. I never get why people are so addicted to Tv, I am the most uninterested person when it comes to local shows- Njoro wa Uba being the only exception. Anyway, bora he wakes up on time, sina shida.
- Niingie Twitter? Nope. Nitakaa huko hadi 4 am. Whatsapp? Nope. I’ll get distracted. Wikipedia? Nimetoka huko saahii. A series? 3 am is that you calling me? Let me continue emptying the tabs.
- I think my year of being single is drawing to a close (Of Love and Heartbreaks). I need to find myself someone. If you see me in your dms, I am just looking for my lobster. Get it?
- Reorganizing all my blogs into categories and stuff. The change I mentioned earlier is coming. I can feel it.
- I am going to regret this. It’s like you all were in my head, but it was fun, at least, I suppose, while it lasted. This will probably never happen again.
- Oh, I am supposed to bake maandazis tomorrow morning, for breakfast. I will put little holes on them zikae donuts. And nitengeneze many to last for a week or two. But vile watu wanakula huku, I give them A week and a half tops.
- FECK, knees numb, eyes drooping, I have to edit this post tomorrow by noon. Or before 4 pm. It is a real shit show. Or should I watch an episode ama since it’s Sunday, read a comic? Definitely going with the latter.
Peace out! That is bad, I will think of something tomorrow. And btw, this kind of helped. Thirteen Tabs, weeeuh!! Thank you. I am now blank, with zero thoughts, zero tabs open. It is raining again. I think I will shut down after one comic.
Series: What can I say? The Vampire Diaries has me hooked. I like the young Alaric and some parts of Damon. If you haven’t watched it already, please, what are you doing with your life?
Movies: Zack Snyder’s Justice League- I can never stop hyping this. Ever. It was a masterpiece!!!!
Music: NF hits all the spots. I would highly recommend you listen to him. And a little bit of Coldplay.
Books: Have I ever mentioned Dan Brown? If not, try him sometime.
- Ever got a book with someone’s highlighter marks on it? Aaargh! I know how it sucks! Cut a lemon in half and get some juice on a cotton swab. Then run the swab over the highlighted text and watch the colour fade. The older the mark, the more stubborn it will be to remove.
- If you love the dark and use candles all the time, you can use ice cubes to remove the wax in stead of scrapping it off and risk ruining your furniture.
- Listen to Nyashinski for your sanity.
- Wash your hands!!!!